Wednesday, July 19, 2006


How I became an Outlaw in Peru, a short story
Chapter One :
Sister Marie and the Temple of Boom

Sister Marie. Oh how you have opened an old wound by mentioning her name. She was twenty, and as fresh and beautiful as a spring day. I was just six, precocious, full of life and had just grazed my knee. Moving like a jungle cat, all grace and power, she leaned over me, held my small, sweaty hand in hers, "what beautiful fingers" I thought, and she said in her husky voice "does it hurt?"
Oh how it hurt looking up at her perfection, three times my age, and unobtainable due to her commitment to Christ and cold baths!
Suddenly she smiled and said "get up and stop crying, it's only a graze, you runt!"
We were unable to continue our conversation, as at that moment the large boiler in the basement of the Convent of The Sisters of Perpetual Longing exploded, scattering debris over a wide radius, including Sister Marie. The police later said that the boiler had been poorly maintained, and that the janitor had fled to Honduras. I decided to devote my life to tracking that man down and making him pay for costing me my first true love.

Soon, Chapter two : My relentless search for Carlos 'the Janitor'


No comments: