Friday, July 14, 2006


Smiling like Jack Nicholson in 'The Shining' is not a good move on the first date
I recently went out to dinner with someone I met on the net, (yes, laugh it up), and found I was so nervous I was grinning like a maniac at everything she said. This is apparently not a good thing.
However, after imbibing several glasses of wine, I actually stopped grinning like a serial killer and started talking.
Since I am a person who could talk under wet concrete, that seemed to work well (she now thinks that I am not only deranged, but also impossible to shut up).
So much for first impressions.
After even more wine, I had decided to marry this woman, a decision not taken lightly, but based on the supposition that she did have a certain something about her.
She didn't run away.
She has taken my request under consideration, bless her, but for some reason isn't answering the phone?

No comments: